Tuesday, July 11, 2017

HorseBack Riding

Both sides of my family were raised on farm land... so I like to share those moments and adventures with Blake! This week we went horse back riding! He has pet a horse before, but this was his first time actually riding it.


Blake amazes me sometimes. As a parent, I always think of the different ways I think he will act. For example, I was betting that he would get really nervous and scared when he saw how big the horse was. Nope! He usually surprises me and acts very confidently. He and I were riding buddy on the same horse. He looked at me get on that horse and then he just jumped right up there himself. No fear! In fact, when we started riding on the trail, he wanted our horse to go faster! He wanted to gallop! Haha! Maybe next time, kiddo!




We rode at a place called Happy Trails. I especially love this place because they rescue a lot of their horses. Our horse's name was Toba because she is from Toba, Canada. She was basically abandoned and left for dead in a field when she was 8 years old. Now she is happy and healthy and 28 years old! There are so many great stories like this!




We had so much fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment