Monday, March 12, 2018

Kindergarten Conference

We have reached the mid point of Kindergarten! Wow! I can't believe Blake is half way done... I feel like just yesterday I was freaking out about the first day of school.

This past week Blake had a "student led" conference. This is where Blake was given the opportunity to show me around this classroom and let me see what all he has learned. We cycled through a few centers where he read to me, showed me some of his writing samples, did a math word problem for me, and showed me his data notebook. I was so speechless and proud!!! He has learned SO much!!!
Here are a few things for us to remember....

  • Blake is now reading on a Level C. He has to be at a D by the end of the year. He jumped 3 levels in just a few months! WOW!
  • He is writing full sentences.
  • He can complete reading comprehension questions.
  • He currently knows about 25ish sight words.
  • He can count to 100 by ones and tens.
  • He is starting to do addition and subtraction math problems. 
  • He is learning compound beginning sounds like sh, ch, th
  • Mrs. Walker said he is a social butterfly and that all of his classmates want to play with him!
  • He has gotten 1-2 little love notes from girls in his class ;) He gets embarrassed when I see them.  
  • He loves school - Especially PE and Music time. 
I am beyond proud of Blake!!!He is so sweet and special and smart! I love seeing him grow and I can't wait to see how he continues to learn and grow. I'm going to be outsmarted by a 2nd greater at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment