Monday, December 10, 2018

Oh Christmas Tree

I love REAL Christmas Trees! Maybe it is the smell? Or the fact that they aren't always the perfect triangle shape?! Either way, we have to go pick out a real Christmas Tree and it is usually the first thing we do in December. I am a little late on my postings, but we picked out our Christmas tree on December 3rd this year!



We always go to a place called Booger Mountain. I guess that is where they get their trees from, but Blake just thinks it is awesome because it has the word Booger in it. Of course, typical boy! My dad always takes us there because he has the truck and we look at all the amazing trees... and the smell, oh my goodness it smells so good!

This year prices for trees were a little much because of the hurricanes and extreme weather we have had this year, but we still found the perfect tree!

Once we got the tree into the house we were able to spend the evening decorating! We always put Christmas music on and the fireplace (the fake one) and we set the mood for our house. One of my favorite parts is looking at all of our ornaments. Some people like to have a perfectly matched or decorated tree. NOT US! We have mismatched ornaments from years in the past. Some ornaments are home made, some are from vacations we have been on, and some are from our interests and collections. We love reminiscing on all of them as we unpack them. Sometimes it is hard because Blake just wants to play with all the ornaments, but eventually they all get on the tree! :)



Rudy even gives Blake a new ornament every year. This year he got Kylo Ren from Star Wars!



The tree is one of my favorite parts of Christmas...and you will find me snuggled on the couch in from of it for most of the month! 


No comments:

Post a Comment