Sunday, May 12, 2019

Run Like A Mother

Happy Mother's Day! Recently for Mothers Days I am trying to do little adventurous "experiences" with Blake. Something for him and I to celebrate our Mommy/Son bond together.





This year Blake has been super into running. He does the Walking/Running club at school on Friday and is in the Top 100 Lap Club. Clearly this kid has some speed! So I decided that for Mother's Day this year we would do the YMCA's Run Like a Mother 1 Mile Fun Run. I asked Blake this morning if he was ready and he responded "I was born ready!" Oh the truth to that statement and the irony of it being said on Mother's Day! Haha.

We were also so grateful that my mom and Taylor could join us as we celebrate Blake's first race and our day as women! I loved all the support and love between us!


When it was time to race, Blake took off! Oops- I wasn't totally ready for that. He took off and didn't stop. I was running it with him. See, here is this difference between a Mom's brain and her son's brain. I pictured this nice race where we ran beside each other the whole time and jogged the 1 mile - crossing the finish line together. Blake's brain thought - this is a race and im gonna go as fast as possible to beat everyone. Yep, he smoked me!!! He ran the mile in like 7 minutes. I took a little longer! HAHAHA! Thankfully my mom and Taylor were at the end of the race to catch him. He did great and even got a ribbon!


Now maybe we can both train to do a 5K sometime!


No comments:

Post a Comment