Friday, July 4, 2014

Potty Training Time

It is that time!!! Potty Training time! Granted, we are starting a little earlier than I had planned. My goal was to do it sometime this summer, before going back to work in August. I have honestly been terrified of the potty training experience, so I kept putting it off. I was just really worried about it being the right time for Blake. The last thing I wanted to do was to try too early and he struggle with it.

Well, the other night when getting ready for bath time, Blake ran over to his little training potty and peed. No joke. Right there he peed perfectly.... like he had been doing it for years. HAHA! I was shocked!!! We had been working on all of the pre-training stuff, like finding the potty and flushing and stuff, but I never expected him to actually do it! Oh boy, did we celebrate! We jumped! We cheered! We high fived! HAHA!

The next day we went to Target to pick out "big boy underwear" Blake picked out two packages: Mickey Mouse and Disney Pixar underwear. I have to admit, they are the cutest little things I have ever seen! We waited until afternap time to try the first introduction of potty training.


When he woke up we put on his new underwear.... and then he immediately peed everywhere.... and then he screamed and had a melt down. Uh oh! Not looking like a good start and this momma was so worried she messed up. But, it wasn't anything a few M&M's couldn't fix. My mom had the great idea to keep a jar of M&M's in the bathroom as encouragement. I might have been very generous with the M&M's to get over the first bad episode. HAHA! We both had more than one ;)

After the first melt down, everything was magically better! During the day we had many little accidents but we also had several GOOD pee's in the potty!!! He also started to get really excited about using the potty. And we kept those M&M's flowing! :) Overall I thought we had a very successful first day! I am so proud of Blake and how he is growing into such a big boy!

We don't have much planned for the next few days, so hopefully we can keep the routine going and be potty trained in no time!! Fingers crossed! The thought of not changing diapers anymore is pure joy!!! Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment