Saturday, January 31, 2015

January Resolutions

This year it has been very important for me to work on my life in small ways. I have been trying to stay focused on my resolutions and re-establishing a good family life - even though it's just Blake and I now. It's so hard for me to see this year as a "time of growth" because I am just not a patient person. I always want to be perfect and to have control of life, but it's been a tough lesson to learn that life just doesn't work that way. I am trying to embrace the uncontrollable, forgive myself for my imperfections, and embrace the small things in life.

Even though the year started with a few stumbles and falls, I still kept up with my resolutions!!!

Travel/Bucket List things:
  • Blake and I traveled to Pilot Mountain 
  • I started teach a brand new course at school (Honors English II)
  • Enjoyed 4th row seats at a Canes game
  • Blake went to his first friends birthday party at Monkey Joe's (Emma turned 4)

1 craft for the month:
I painted this canvas for my classroom. It has my favorite Gatsby quote on it! :)



1 craft for the book:
I am technically still reading this one... but it will be done within a few days! Me Before You is supposed to be turned into a movie sometime this year and I can't wait! It has sucked me in and has proven to be a great book that fits perfectly in my life right now. Read it!! 


I am so excited about February. I have lots of fun things planned for us.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh I lovelovelove that book! All of Jojo Moyes is awesome.

    ReplyDelete