Monday, July 6, 2015

Pearly Whites

Blake is growing, growing, and growing!!! He recently had his first dentist appointment!!

First of all... this mommy was SO worried about our dentist visit. I didn't want Blake to know it, but I was worried that...
  • He might HATE the dentist - who doesn't?!
  • That he was going to scream the whole time.
  • That he would have a mouth full of cavities ...can 3 year olds have cavities?!?! 
  • He is going to have massive dental problems.
  • How much is this going to cost me?
  • Will the dentist know that I bribe my child with cupcakes on a daily basis?
 Needless to day,  I worried for nothing!

We got there and Blake was automatically interested in playing with the waiting room toys and treehouse. He loved it. The nice dental hygienist came and asked Blake if he was ready to come back... I asked him if he wanted to me to come with him. Surprisingly (shockingly) he took the hygienists hand and told me to stay in the waiting room. He walked back there like the biggest little boy I have ever seen.

I almost cried watching him walk away. Is that what college is going to be like?!?! OH MY GOSH... where has my little boy gone?!?!! Ok, pause the mommy separation anxiety phase.  

The doctor called me back about 30 minutes later and she told me that I had the sweetest little boy! He has a perfect smile and no cavities! She showed me his X-rays and all looks well. We were instructed to keep brushing and also to keeping drinking lots of milk. We can do that!!! :)

Check out this happy boy and his pearly whites!


No comments:

Post a Comment