Sunday, January 3, 2016

Welcome 2016

Well hey there, 2016!! I love having a fresh start with a new year. There is so much hope and positivity in the air when we  welcome in a new year.

2015 had it's ups and downs (like every year), but overall it was a pretty great year! Here is a quick recap:

In 2015....
  • I kept my resolutions ALL year (1 craft and 1 book per month)
  • Blake and I traveled to Boone and saw Thomas the Train
  • We had an amazing Summer full or adventures together
  • Blake turned 3 and I turned 29
  • Blake successfully started preschool and has made so many new friends!
  • We were pretty healthy minus a wicked sinus infection.
  • Blake became a fan of movies and the movie theater is now a favorite spot of ours.


Now for 2016.... there is something that is telling me that this is going to be a freaking fantastic year! I just know it!!! I am ready! Here are some of our goals and things we are already looking forward to:

Bring it on, 2016...
  • Resolution1- Read at least one book per month
  • Resolution 2 - Have 3-4 Mommy/Son Dates or activities per month with Blake. I want us to be so close this year (even closer than we already are. haha)
  • Financially get ahead... already paid off a credit card
  • Hopefully enjoy some snow days (fingers crossed)
  • Go on some awesome vacations (beach... maybe a water park... maybe the mountains again?)
  • Knock off some stuff on my bucketlist (paddleboarding, ziplining, etc)
  • See Lion King on Broadway with my dad
  • Plan a spectacular 4th bday for Blake! 
  • Survive my  30th birthday - ugh...
  • Make as many new friends as we can! 
  • ...and who knows what else... COME WHAT MAY! 
We have had such a wonderful Christmas Break (2 weeks) and we have to go back to school tomorrow. I don't think either one of us is excited about getting back into the routine. Hopefully we can squeeze in a snow day or two at some point to help out with that. I also have some awesome Mommy/Son dates already planned for Blake and I. It is going to be great!

My mantra's for the year...
"Have courage and be kind"
"Be fearless in the pursuit of whatever sets your soul on fire!"

No comments:

Post a Comment