Monday, August 8, 2016

Earning Our Wings

Blake and I added a special addition to our Summer Bucketlist this week... We earned our helicopter wings!!!! It was probably the most exciting thing of the whole Summer!!!

I found out that there was a helicopter company that was offering "mini" helicopter rides very close to us. It was a little pricey, but it is also a once in a lifetime experience! I mean, I am 30 and I have never been in a helicopter!


I told Blake we were going to ride one, but I think he was expecting a little toy helicopter. His eyes got huge when he say the real helicopter waiting for us in a field! The pilot said we had an important decision to make... we could both sit in the back of the helicopter or one of us could sit in the front with the pilot. Of course, I asked Blake what he wanted to do..thinking he would be a little scared and want to sit with me. Nope, my adventurous little boy proudly said he wanted to sit with the pilot!!! We got him buckled in and I thought he might change his mind. Nope,again! He was set and ready to ride! He sure did have the best view in the air!



I took my seat comfortably in the back. I think I have turned into a giant wimp with age because I literally thought I would pee in my pants. I have developed a little fear of heights and I don't normally do well when my adrenaline starts pumping. I really had to work on my breathing while we were "taking off", but once we got up there the view was simply amazing!!! I also laughed at how nervous I was and how confident and content Blake was. He is so brave!



The views were of the beautiful country! We passed farms, forests, neighborhoods and more. The pilot even pointed out some horses to Bake! We couldnt have asked for a more beautiful day to see the scenery. 



This was by far the most amazing moment that I got to experience with Blake. We are still talking about it a few days later!! We are so grateful that we can experience these adventures and this was the perfect one to end our Summer with!

No comments:

Post a Comment