Sunday, November 27, 2016

Thank You For

This is the month of Thanksgiving! I feel like it is a very important age for Blake to be learning about what it really means to be thankful for things. Four year olds tend to be naturally demanding and I think they just assume that they are given the things they have because that is what they want... and they get what they want. This year, I wanted Blake to be aware that not everyone has wonderful things like he does, and for that reason he should be thankful. We tried saying something we were thankful for each night. It was cute because instead of saying "thankful" he would say "thank you for". Haha! :) He was "thank you for" his toys (#1), family (he named everyone individually), our house, food, and poop/toots (because he is a boy and everything involves saying poop or toots - sigh).

I am thankful for being able to spend these wonderful moments with Blake. We, Ryan and I, were both able to attend Blake's Thanksgiving luncheon. I love being involved in Blake's PreK activities. We also returned the kindness by showing them our gratitude and giving them a little thanksgiving gift.


I am grateful for my friends and my health. Blake was with Ryan for the morning/lunch of Thanksgiving, so I was able to run a 5K this morning with Rita. We had a blast and this was our 3rd 5K this year.



I am grateful for family. This just happened to be the only picture I got. But I am blessed with a wonderful family. I am particularly grateful that we are all within a close distance of each other. That is something that many people do not have.


Finally, and most importantly, I am grateful for my greatest blessing of all...Blake! That little boy has my heart in a million ways. He is my world. Simple as that. My life revolves around being his mom and I love it... I am lost and incomplete without him. Seriously, you should see me on the weekends he is with his dad. I am pitiful.Blake is my best friend and our bond is something that I consider to be very special. I hope and prayer that we can continue to be that close in the years to come. I hope he will always know that being his mom is the one thing that I am most grateful for in life! NOTHING will ever compare to that!



No comments:

Post a Comment