Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January Bucketlist

My New Years Resolution has changed a little bit for this year! Last year I thought that I just spent way too much time worrying about everyone else, specifically trying to make other people happy instead of  myself. At the end of the year last year I just noticed that I didn't really do anything for ME! So, part of my New Years Resolution this year is so mark ONE thing off of my BUCKETLIST a month. It can be something that is adventurous, something that is service related, or something new that I want to try...but it has to be something that I want to accomplish! That way, hopefully at the end of the year I will be able to see at least 12 things that I have been able to do this year for me! :)

Winter months are somewhat difficult because of course all of my really fun bucketlist items have to deal with being outside! So, I had to get creative for these colder months.

This month I wrote a LETTER TO JULIET! Yep, that's right... like Romeo and Juliet! When I went to Italy a few years ago I visited Juliet's house. Part of the Italian tradition is that Juliet represents love and hope for many hearts across the world. People who can't go visit Juliet write to her instead! There are volunteers that work at Juliet's house who read all of these love letters and actually write individual responses back!

I am writing my love letter to Juliet to express my expectations, my hurt, and my hope with love! I think it will be really awesome, and maybe even lucky, to hear what Juliet has to say to me about love! I will have to do a follow up post when/if I get a response! Fingers Crossed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment