Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Pilgram Play

I am a little late on this post, but the other week we got to celebrate Thanksgiving with Blake's kindergarten class. I took off the day of work to volunteer with Blake's class and also enjoy their feast.

I am grateful for being able to volunteer in Blake's class. I don't get to do it nearly as much as I want to, but I wanted to take full advantage of my day off to spend some quality time with him (and his class). I had already spoken to his teacher about helping make a turkey craft. I walked around and assisted the kids as the colored, cut, and pasted. They were all so cute and had to show me every single thing that they were doing. Then Mrs. Walker surprised me by letting me read a story to the class. This English teacher mommy heart melted in that moment. Yes... it is mushy, but those kids were all so into the book. They all wanted to help me and Blake beamed with the "That's my mom" look. I loved it. It was so amazing to have those moments with Blake in his class before all of the Thanksgiving craziness started.


Soon all of the other families arrived. I helped set up the feast and get food for the kids who parents didn't come. It was a great day! Oh yeah, and the kids did a play about the First Thanksgiving. Blake was a hard working pilgram man. Each time Mrs. Walker said "Pilgram Men" he and the others would say "bang, bang, bang" as they looked like they were hitting something with a hammer. It was adorable.


I am so grateful for Blake and his class...and mostly his teacher Mrs. Walker. He loves school so much and I love Mrs. Walker for loving those kids so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment