Tuesday, August 28, 2018

1st Day of 1st Grade

The new school year has officially begun and I have the coolest 1st grader!


Blake started 1st Grade today in Ms. Taylor's class! We are so excited that he has her as a teacher because some of our closest friends had her last year. Blake was pretty excited about going to school. I think he was ready to see his friends again and play on the playground.

As a boy mom, I am continually learning that boys just don't really talk much about their days (compared to girls). On Monday I was SOOOO excited to pick up Blake and hear all about his day. He was pretty brief.  The first thing he said when he got in the car was that he lost a tooth at lunch. What?!??! Yes, he lost his 5th tooth on the first day of school. What a way to start the school year. He was also pretty excited because they have a Spanish lesson every Monday as well. That's about all I got out of him.


My dad got Blake is graduation shirt last year. Class of 2030! Each year we take a picture of Blake in it. It is hard to believe that one day (12 years from now) the shirt will probably fit!


I am so proud of Blake and how grown up he is becoming. Sometimes it is hard for me because he is my one and only. He is still 3 years old in my mind. With 1st grade there is more independence from the class and teacher. I am having to adjust to not being able to basically stalk my kid all day at school now. That is killing me! Now I have to resort to asking him million questions on the way home. Haha.But really,  I am just hoping that he has a wonderful year and that he continues to learn and grow and make amazing friends.

(Meanwhile I am working on my 8th year of teaching...we won't think about the fact that I have 22 years left before I can retire. Yeah... I will just leave it at that. Blah)

No comments:

Post a Comment