Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mothers Day

Mother's Day is always one of my favorite days - simply because motherhood is my favorite thing in this world! Don't get me wrong - it is also one of the most overwhelming, frustrating, emotional, exhausting things too. But it is SO much more joyful, happy, loving, and just the best thing EVER!!!!

The cool thing about moms is that none of us know if we are doing it correctly, but we wake up every morning and give it our best shot. We are constantly selfless - not because we are these amazing saints - but because that is our only option. We HAVE to put our children/family first because that is the only way it will work. Then we just love fiercely - because we created all this and it is our happy. At least that is how it is for me. 

Being Blake's mom is the best thing in this world. It gives me the best purpose. It gives me the most happiness. And it makes me the most proud. I have a million HAPPY moments  - 8 years of happy moments that will be the best thing in my life. Being a mom will always be my greatest adventure!!! 


Normally Mother's Day is a little challenging for me because for the past 5 years I was a single mom. So I made my own breakfast on Mother's Day and I would create an adventure for us to do for the day. Blake was too young for it to be any other way. This year Joyner stepped in and gave me the spoiled treatment - I got an amazing breakfast served up, flowers, and he helped Blake make by mday amazing! Even in the midst of the Coronavirus stuff - we went on a safe outing to the Farmer's Market! It was a wonderful day and another wonderful celebration on being a MOM! 



No comments:

Post a Comment