Friday, October 31, 2014

Trick-or-Treat

Happy Halloween!!! This year Blake wanted to be....Superman! Shocking, right?! I tried taking him to Target and finding him an actual costume, but he just wanted to wear his Superman shirt with his cape and that was fine by me! :)

This year was a big step for Blake because this was his first year trick-or-treating at an actual neighborhood! We practiced our "Halloween etiquette" all week, but I still wasn't sure how he might react to the whole tradition.

Oh boy did he surprise us all!!! Blake went wild with happiness. He was so energetic when going to the different houses. He would run up to a house, say trick or treat, thank the givers, and then he would do a victory dance because he got candy! HAHA!




It was also cute to see his reactions to the other kids dressed up. I think Blake thought they were really the characters and he was on Hollywood Blvd. He saw Elsa and Anna from Frozen. He also got really excited when he saw a little boy dressed as the fire dog from Paw Patrol. However, his favorite was seeing a family dressed as The Incredibles. He literally thought they were the real thing! We went and talked to them and luckily the family played along and talked to Blake. He was star struck and thought he was the coolest kid in the world meeting the actual Incredible Superheros. HAHA! It made my night!

I think his first official night of trick-or-treating was a success. He even got a special sleepover with Granny (Rae) and Papa. He had a wonderful night.

It's nights like this that I am the proudest mommy in the world! I am first of all so proud at the little boy Blake is turning into. He is growing so quickly. Secondly, I loved stepping back and watching him experience the night. He was so polite and social and energetic and fun. People loved talking to him and meeting him. I can't help but just beam with pride. I couldn't ask for him to be any better! He is my world and my best buddy!



No comments:

Post a Comment