Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving Day

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

This morning we enjoyed a brunch with my Dad and Memommy. We are still a little weak from all the sickness, so it was nice to start our day off slowly.

Blake and I took a nice long nap and then we went to my mom's. We were able to see all of that side of the family, including grandparents and baby cousins! Blake had a great time playing with the other little ones. :)



Now to the real meaning of Thanksgiving... This isn't the Thanksgiving that I had originally expected. Our family is obviously a little different than last year, but it has made me more grateful than ever. First of all, I am grateful for family! I am grateful for my biggest blessing, which is Blake. He is my world. I am grateful for my family and friends who have supported Blake and I over the past 6 months. I am grateful for the priority of being a mommy, one which I hold dear to my heart. 

Also, I am grateful for this journey. I do not understand it yet, but I know I am learning a lot. I am learning what I want for my life and Blake's. Equally, I am learning what I do not want for us. I am also learning about ME. That's something I thought only college bound teenagers did, but I am learning that it is important to rediscover yourself at several times during your life. I am grateful for the things I am being able to experience and enjoy.... even the challenges! 

I am grateful for the future. I am not sure what all it holds, but I know that for the first time in a long time I feel open and excited about it. Whatever comes, I know I can look at it with a new attitude. I am healthy, happy, and surrounded by blessings daily. Looking at the last 6 months of my life, I could easily be down and depressed about what has happened... but I refuse to do that. Instead, we are grateful!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment