Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Ice Skating Girlfriends

One thing I have learned to LOVE and appreciate the most recently has been my girlfriends. When life seems to be going all wrong, it is those special girlfriends that make you laugh, cry with you, and have your back no matter what. Friendships like that really do last for a lifetime!

This past weekend it was my amazing friend, Rita's, birthday! She and I are in very similar life situations and we have learned to lean on each other. So, of course, it was only natural that we spend her birthday together. Our mutual friend Jodi(and another beautiful friend) planned our girls day!

We started off at an amazing brunch at The Oxford in downtown Raleigh. We ate our hearts out. They had an omelet station that was my favorite!


Then we took on the outside ice skating rink in downtown! Well... they called it an ice skating rink. I think it was more of a snowy palette of cement. Haha! Either way, it was a bucket list item that we checked off! We had a blast goofing off with out figure skating skills. :)





After we killed our ankles on the rink, we went and relaxed in the Starbucks across the street. What a great day! I think Rita really enjoyed her day and I know that a little girl time was exactly what I needed to recharge my single mommy life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment