Monday, February 1, 2016

January Resolutions...

And the tradition continues...

This month was REALLY hard for me on a personal level and there was a chance that I didn't think I was going to be able to read a book this month. Something about being still and silent was just hard for me without shrinking into my own thoughts and pains in my heart. Thankfully I was able to renew my book at the library and I was FINALLY able to get through the whole thing. I am so glad I was able too as well because it was one of my favorite books by my favorite author. The book is called The Last Letter from your Lover by JoJo Moyes. That girl can write a page turner that keeps you guessing until the very end. I love it. This book touched about every emotion. I laughed, loved, cried, experienced heartbreak... everything. I was so attached to these characters and this plot. JoJo Moyes has a way of capturing her readers like that. Although it took me literally all month to read this book, it was somewhat healing at the same time. Even though I was reading for short periods of time, those moments were little escapes from stress that I needed. I love how books can do that for you!

My favorite resolution was going on a few mommy/son dates with Blake per month. I am so freaking happy that I made this resolution. These "dates" with Blake did about as much healing for me than anything else could have. That little boy has my heart. Spending time with him is the absolute best! Here is a glimpse at some of our dates...
  • Chinese Lantern Festival in Cary, NC
  • Stay at home ice cream night
  • Ice Day Sledding
  • Movie date to see Norm of the North
  • Birthday Party! 
Stay tuned to next month. I already have a head start on my new book and it's just magical. Literally. And I have some awesome mommy/son dates planned for this month and a few surprises for the months ahead as well! January hit my life pretty hard, but I think I am starting to see the light in February! 

No comments:

Post a Comment