Monday, July 18, 2016

Pool Days & My Fish

At this point in the Summer I think it is safe to say that.... WE ARE ADDICTED TO THE POOL! I think Great Wolf Lodge sparked Blake's inner fish!

Last year Blake would not even want to get near a body of water. He would cling to me and scream. Not enjoyable at all! This year he is totally different!

This little fishy of mine has gotten pretty daring. He loves toddler pools because they are only like 1-2 feet. He will sit, splash, run, jump, and do all kinds of things in there! He will get it right up to his neck! He loves playing with toys in the toddler pool and still has quiet the imagination, even in the water! I like the toddler pool too, because I can just sit right in it and stay cool! HAHA!



Blake is also starting to feel more comfortable in the big pool. He still doesn't like to swim alone (with his swim gear on) and he HATES to have his face wet! With that said, he likes when he can stand in the shallow parts of the big pool. We practice kicking our feet and moving our arms (beginner swim lesson stuff). We also play little games in the big pool. His favorite is pretending he is the fish and I am the shark... basically I chase him everywhere. Kinda seems like real life instead of a game to me. HAHA! He also has gotten brave with jumping into the pool...again, as long as he doesn't go under or his face get wet!



We still have a good month of Summer left, so maybe he will make even more progress by then! I also think we will start the real swim lessons in the Spring of next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment