Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Class of 2030

Watch out schools everywhere... here comes the Class of 2030!!!! What?!?!?!? That sounds so crazy but that is Blake's expected graduation year! My heart almost stops just thinking about it.


Today was a huge day because Blake started Kindergarten!!! In Wake County they do a thing called staggered entry. Basically he goes to school one day this week and then will start full time next week. It is a way to ease them into the routine I guess.

Blake was so excited when he woke up this morning. He was most thrilled about showing off his new bookbag, lunch box, and shoes! He thought he was going to be the coolest "new kid" and I agreed!


Blake walked right into the school this morning and jumped into the seat work that the teachers had out. He said goodbye and didn't look back. I was so proud of him... and then I went to the car and just cried. How did  he grow up so quickly?!!?!

As a parent I think I felt every feeling possible today. Mostly I was so excited for him! I loved school and I want him to as well. I know he is ready! I am proud of him and I know he is one smart cookie! But I also have to naturally admit that I am nervous, too! This is one of the first times that he is becoming independent. I can't shelter him from everything and I somewhat have to let go and just hope that I raised him right so far!

When we went to pick Blake up, he smiled and then spend the rest of the day telling me about Kindergarten. He told me his likes and dislikes and then he seemed a little surprised when I said he has to go back next week. Haha.

Friday we get to go to Meet The Teacher and we will get to see his classroom! :)

"You're off to great places, Today is your day!Your mountain is waiting, So... get on your way!"
Dr. Seuss


No comments:

Post a Comment