Sunday, September 10, 2017

Kindergarten Life

Our kindergarten routine has been the focus of this week! It has been our first full week of kindergarten! We had lots of things to get used to... before school care, kindergarten itself, carpool, new friends, long days, packing lunches/snacks, and so much more!

First of all, I have to say that Blake is AMAZING!!! He has impressed me so much this week and I couldn't be more proud of his great adjustment to kindergarten life. I think he transition better than I did! :)

Getting information out of Blake can sometimes be hard, but thankfully his teacher has a class app so that I can " fill in the blanks" of his day. Haha. Here is what WE have learned from the first week of kindergarten....

  • Blake's PreK friend Cody also goes to Before School Care! That has made our mornings so easy!
  • Blake is awesome at making new friends at school! He has lots!
  • Mrs. Walker thinks Blake has a great sense of humor. She says he makes her laugh throughout the day. (class clown in his future?!)
  • Blake got a "surprise" for being the best listener in his class on Friday! YAY!
  • I have not messed up the carpool diagram yet. Very serious thing! Haha. 
  • I can get lots of reading done during carpool afternoons!
  • Blake left his lunchbox one day... it was recovered by his teacher withing 30 minutes. They are on it!
  • Blake's class did art class, a practice fire drill, letter dance time, and more this week! 
  • Packing lunches isn't as fun as it actually sounds. Mommy sigh...

That was a lot for a 4 day first week! This week Blake's teacher starts giving behavior points. Hopefully Blake collects lots of points and makes us proud!!! Seeing him succeed so early has made my momma heart so proud. I honestly didn't know what this first week of school would look like for us and so far it has been a pure joy! So excited to see what else comes from this year in Mrs. Walkers kindergarten class! 

No comments:

Post a Comment