Thursday, September 24, 2020

Baby Update:10 Weeks

 We are 10 weeks pregnant and things are starting to get REAL! I had a super long appointment today - they checked everything that was possible to check - I had a urine sample, blood sample, weight, temp, ultrasound, and more! Haha. The good news is that all checked out well! Baby is doing great and has a heart rate of 169ish. We even got to see him/her on the ultrasound moving just a little bit - more like little twitches at this point. I am still feeling a little sick on some days and tired, but other than that I feel great. I also feel GIANT compared to how big I was with Blake - I am like double the size this time around. 

At this appointment we opted to get some early genetic testing done. Because of my age, (I'll be 35 at time of birth), insurance is covering a lot more. Technically they consider it a high risk pregnancy - man they really know how to make a mama feel old! The genetic test will let us know if there is Down Syndrome or any other risk factors genetically speaking. It will also let us know the gender! We will know the results soon and we can't wait! :) I am hoping for a girl. Joyner would love a boy. And Blake shockingly wants a girl, too! 



No comments:

Post a Comment