Sunday, August 10, 2014

Strong Mothers, Strong Sons

Recently I have been struggling with some life changes. Without going into detail, I can express that this has been a rock bottom point in my life. I have had trouble understanding the "why" of the whole situation and the "patience" idea has been my worst enemy. My mind has been racing about what to do next and what my future holds. I have been my toughest critic and I for sure need "self cheerleading" lessons. Haha.

Oddly enough, it was in this lost state that I found a pure treasure - a book called "Strong Mothers, Strong Sons."  I know without a doubt it was an answer to a prayer. Reading it is giving me the purpose and direction that I need for my life right now.

As easy as it is to be selfish and crumble, now is not the time! I am a mom to a little two year old. Although he might not understand a lot of the "grown up" things going on right now, I know that he still sees me and he is learning from me. It is my job and my priority to be a strong mom so that I can raise a strong son. It is my job to show him love and happiness, hard work and responsibility, strength and courage. Do I know exactly how to do that? Yes and no. Do I have weak moments? Of course, I'm human! BUT... I know my job is to try every day to be a strong mom and teach Blake those values of being a loving and strong son. If nothing else in life, that is my goal...to do a decent job being a strong mom (no matter what life throws my way) and to raise a strong son! Really, my words do not do this justice...read the book!

So, I do not have all the answers to the start of my post, but I do know what my purpose in life is at the moment. I have my little home, I have a job (including motherhood as the main job), and I have a life to lead. The way I handle situations will teach Blake right from wrong. The daily attitude I have will show Blake how to see life. How I show him love will in turn be how he loves others. How I live life will be an example to how he will live his own. Strong mother, strong son! Forget the rest. Time will answer all of those other questions. As long as I stay strong for myself and Blake, I know I can't go too terribly wrong with life. :)  

Thankfully, and unfortunately, while going through this new "phase" I have learned that I am not the only one. A lot happens behind closed doors. We all struggle with one thing or another. As mothers, and women in general, we have to help support each other! We are those strong moms!

No comments:

Post a Comment