Monday, October 19, 2015

Pat on the Back

When I first became a working single mom, I was beyond overwhelmed. I remember being so scared because I just felt like I wasn't going to be able to do it! I felt like I was going to sink. I asked myself questions like, "How in the world will I be able to raise this little boy by myself? How will I be able to handle it all?"

It has been about a year and a half and I have done it... done it all. I have done the holidays alone with Blake, I have done the summers with him and taking him on vacations, I have worked while getting him to and from preschool.... and more!

Today was a hectic day because I have alot going on at school... and then Blake got sick this morning. I had to juggle it all. I had to get to work to make sub plans, put in paper work for two days off, take care of Blake, make him feel comfy, get food and medicine, try to do work at home while Blake is sleeping... As much as I wanted to break down, I stopped to realize that I am doing it! I am getting it all done! No, today wasn't an ideal day... and neither has my life over the past two years, but guess what?! I AM DOING IT! And I am doing a pretty darn good job at it too!

I no longer feel overwhelmed. Instead I feel accomplished. I feel empowered. I feel responsible. I am freaking proud of myself. Being a working single mom is not for the weak. I am about as strong as they come and I am so grateful for how much I have learned about myself during this time. I have clear goals for myself and Blake in the future and I can't wait to conquer them!

Proud of my life with Blake. I am not the same person I was a year ago and I have worked VERY hard for that. Proud mommy....and woman! 

No comments:

Post a Comment