Sunday, May 7, 2017

Kindergarten Open House

Blake got to visit :big school" this week for Rolesville Elementary's Open House! He did such a great job! We have been talking about going to kindergarten for awhile now, but this was the first time he got to really see what it was going to be like.

The school put on a hot dog dinner! Blake was able to go down the "lunch line" to get his dinner. Just like he will do when school starts. He was so excited he couldn't dit still whil ehe was eating. They gave him a colored name tag - his was green. I tried to prepare him for why they gave him a color. The kids were going to get called by color to go visit a kindergarten classroom. While they were there, we parents would go to the Media Center for a parent information session.

I obviously had way more trouble with it all compared to Blake. When they called his green color, he got up and excitedly walked across the cafeteria and got in line with the teacher. He turned and waved and gave me a thumbs up. And just like that he turned and walked off with his little group. All smiles. Meanwhile my heart was ripped out. I am SO clad he is a social, confident, intelligent, great kid... but man time is flying too fast! I can't believe he is to the point where he is going to school. My one and only just growing up and not needed me as much. Whew... gets me!

When we went to get him after the information session he was playing at a play dough table with 3 other kids. He was so happy! He got to tell me later about the different centers that he did and the little friends that he made.

Now he can really see what it will be like to go to kindergarten in September. I am so excited for this adventure he has a head of him!!



No comments:

Post a Comment