Friday, January 19, 2018

Blizzard of 2018: Day 2

The snow fun got even better on Snow Day 2! The temperatures were a little warmer, but that made it a little easier to play in. Sledding was the best!

Blake, Roxie, and I woke up early to get some good play time in before snow started melting too much. We had a blast sledding together. Blake and I each had our own sled and I would hold them together as we sled down the hill together. We did that too many times to count!





Roxie loved it when Blake would throw snow at her. She would try to catch it and eat it!



After lunch and a little bit of rest, we went back out for round 2 of snow play! This time we had an extra playmate - Ryan! Blake usually spends Thursdays with Ryan. The snow made it kinda difficult for Blake to go anywhere, so Ryan came to him. We all had a great time playing in the snow. The guys even tried to build snow forts, but it ended up with them just jumping in it and burying each other in it.



The temps got a little too high yesterday and the snow really started to melt. It is crazy how it took a whole day to build up, but then only a few hours to start to disappear. I am SO sad to see it go! For me, snow brings a bit of calmness and peace into my life. It slows everything down a little bit and allows me to catch up on my normal hectic grind. It is a time for me to notice the small beauties of the world again and the happiness and blessings that I have in my life. I am beyond grateful that we got this magical Winter Wonderland for a few days!!


No comments:

Post a Comment